What’s the well-known TikTok feta pasta?
THE trend for baked feta pasta on TikTok makes everyone lick their lips.
Salty feta cheese, a handful of cherry tomatoes, and a generous amount of olive oil make for an easy-to-prepare dish that everyone will love and devour.
Trendy oven-baked feta pastaPhoto credit: Getty Images – Getty
What is the famous TikTok feta noodle?
There’s no denying that you’ve seen the viral method of making baked feta pasta all over social media, especially on TikTok.
This easy-to-prepare pasta is child’s play and requires little effort, but makes a hearty dish with a lot of flavor.
All you need: an oven safe deep bowl; Cherry tomatoes; a block of fresh feta cheese; Olive oil; Garlic (to taste); Basil; and cooked noodles to mix into the dish towards the end.
Where do the TikTok feta noodles come from?
The famous pasta that is making its rounds on Tiktok and other platforms is from Finland, although credit and intellectual property issues are still controversial.
When Finnish food blogger Jenni Häyrinen first shared her baked feta noodle recipe “Uunifetapasta”, it inadvertently led to a shortage of Finnish feta cheese in 2019.
She originally told HuffPost that the creation came from her overwhelming craving for feta cheese.
Häyrinen decided to do something quick and easy by placing feta and tomatoes in a baking dish to make the sauce for her pasta.
Since then, there have been many variations of the recipe on the internet, all of which look delicious.
Here’s how to make the standard TikTok feta noodles at home:
- 2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- One 8-ounce block of feta cheese
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 clove of garlic (grated)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (sliced)
- 10 ounces rigatoni pasta (or any other pasta of your choice, but short works best)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Put the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic cloves in a baking dish
- Place the feta cheese block in the center of the cherry tomatoes
- Add more pepper to the feta cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the tomatoes pop open and the feta is soft
- Increase the heat to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes, until the feta cheese is golden brown
- While the dish is in the oven, be sure to cook your pasta al dente
- Remember to set aside 1/2 cup of cooking water
- Once the dish is out of the oven, mash the tomatoes and feta with a fork and mix them into a creamy sauce
- Place the drained noodles in your baking dish
- Add small amounts of pasta water if the sauce is too thick
- Adjust the seasoning to taste
- Top with basil to serve
Ingredients for a baked feta pasta dishPhoto credit: Getty Images – Getty
What else can I use for the TikTok Feta Pasta?
Because of its ease of preparation, the adventurous can take the time to make this dish for their own dish using a variety of delicious ingredients.
Don’t be afraid to try the iconic baked feta noodle recipe for yourself.
Here are a few ways to do this:
- Test new pasta shapes! There is no need to stick to penne or rigatoni. You may also want to try longer pasta shapes to see which pasta is a hit around the dining table.
- Add new seasonings and sauces. Olive oil, salt, and pepper are the basics, but you don’t have to stop here. For example, you might want to incorporate some pesto sauce or lemon juice / zest into your recipe.
- Make it green. Tomatoes are great, but why stop? Add some of your favorite vegetables to the dish and turn it into a robust, vegetarian meal. Try adding spinach after you’ve baked the tomatoes and feta cheese. It makes a big difference.
- Add some protein. If your protein is mostly vegetable, add some canned chickpeas to the mixture with your cherry tomatoes and feta cheese. If your protein is primarily from animal sources, add shredded or diced chicken breasts to the mixture and bake as normal.
Using any of these methods, you can prepare a unique dish that is similar to the famous TikTok baked feta noodle recipe.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for the US Sun team?