What to Do & Find out how to Keep away from Getting Hacked on Instagram (2022)
This is the official Instagram process.
You have to wait a little bit, but it works to get your account back.
- Tap “Forgotten password?”
- Type your username or phone number
- Tap “Need more help?” under the “Next” button
- Choose your email or phone number
- Tap “Next”
- Follow the on screen instructions
- If you still don’t receive a security code, tap on “I can’t access this email address or phone number” (it is below “Send security code”), then follow the on-screen instructions.
Make sure you enter a secure email address that only you can access.
You should receive an email from Instagram with the next steps.
In the email, Instagram will ask you to verify your identity.
They will ask you to take a photo or video of yourself with a paper in both hands, on which you will have hand-written a unique number that they gave you.
Alternatively, they might ask you to take a photo of yourself holding your identification document next to your head (like your national ID or passport).
Once you’ve submitted the video or photo, you will receive an email from Instagram at the secure email address that you provided.
How long does it take to receive a response from Instagram?
For some people, it takes less than an hour to get a response and their account back. For others, it takes a day or more.