Suggestions For Advertising and marketing Hashish on Instagram and TikTok in 2022
Respect My Region CEO Mitch Pfeifer and COO Joey Brabo give specific tips for marketing on Instagram and TikTok as a CBD, Delta-8 or cannabis company.
Published: Oct 13, 2021 at 1:52 p.m. EDT|Updated: 1 hour ago
THE ANGEL, Oct 13, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Joey Brabo, 30, and Mitch Pfeifer (34) are co-owners of Respect My Region (RMR), a music, cannabis, and media company that specializes in marketing music and legal weed. Since introducing RMR in 2011, Brabo and Pfeifer have worked with many of the greatest and most respected music artists, PR teams and cannabis companies in North America.
RMR first exploded on the cannabis scene in 2018 when a viral post surfaced on Christmas Eve. A video with the CaliforniaCannabis lawyers based in the Pot Brothers at Law started going insanely viral on the official Respect My Region Facebook page.
Chief Operations Officer Joey Brabo shared that he had posted 2-3 videos a day for months.
“We’ve been in a strategy for about 2 months where we’d take videos that went viral on Instagram in the morning and then post between 2 and 5 of them on Facebook at certain times of the day. We played that first game.” Plan for 60 days or so and eventually give us an opportunity where the right kind of content eventually went viral, “said Brabo.
A few weeks after the first video, Joey published another one and again reached more than a million views on Facebook’s platform.
Respect the Co-Founder and CEO of My Region Mitch Pfeifer said this content was posted at a time when the artist featured in the video was trending online. Because of the digital climate surrounding both artists, the content had a higher chance of going viral simply because it was the right video at the right time.
This second viral video was also the tipping point where RMR’s social media strategies were forced to undergo a major shift across all platforms.
Brabo said their team is now developing a strategy that uses TikTok and Instagram to minimize the risk associated with Instagram or Facebook’s volatile stance against selling or promoting cannabis. The content they schedule often uses or permeates local businesses, lifestyle shots with merchandise, news and media coverage, and more.
Here are 7 additional tips and steps for marketing cannabis on TikTok and Instagram in 2022:
- 1: Identify current viral #s and trends and get creative to see how you can relate these trends to your brand or product and vice versa
- 2: Research the posts and videos made for specific trends and keep track of the actions, sounds and songs made or used in videos that pertain to you, your brand or your product
- 3: Research what other successful cannabis brands are doing on TikTok and see what they post on their Instagram, do the best, leave the average content behind
- 4: Start by creating content that is simple or easy to record and edit (1 per day)
- 5: We strongly recommend that you avoid showing weed flowers, vapes, glass rigs, and pre-rolled joints. It’s super easy to be deleted, which is why you should use fun props and mimic certain actions.
- 6: Use 3-5 #s in each post and make sure they are locally relevant to the trend and your brand. Ex for a local pharmacy: #foryou #venturacounty #porthueneme
- 7: Post original content 1-4 times a day and make sure you pick trends that don’t already have tens of thousands of video samples. You want to be a part of trends and post content if it’s one of the first 1000 videos.
There are all kinds of tips, tricks, and resources out there for you to decipher, but these seven should help you get started on the right foot.
For more information on marketing CBD, Delta-8 or cannabis on TikTok or Instagram, contact us directly Mitch Pfeifer or Joey Brabo by email to info@RespectMyRegion.com.
About Respect My Region: Since 2011, Respect My Region has been offering a community-oriented platform that connects real people with the local culture. In the third quarter of 2021, RMR increased monthly sales along with its Facebook, TikTok and Instagram likes, followers and general engagement on social media. Respect My Region currently serves the music and cannabis markets in The United States and Canada. RMR offers bespoke content creation, marketing and management services, targeted advertising, influencer campaigns, event promotion, content distribution and PR services.
Public Relations @ Respect My Region
Show original content:
SOURCE Respect my region
The above press release is courtesy of PRNewswire. The views, opinions, and statements contained in the press release are not endorsed by, nor do they necessarily reflect those of Gray Media Group, Inc.