Introducing Login Join with Messenger
Our flagship developer product – Facebook Login – provides a convenient way for billions of Facebook users worldwide to log into thousands of apps and websites. We developed this product 12 years ago and it was amazing to see how convenient it is for people all over the world. Developers have taken advantage of the deep personalization of Facebook Login, which results in more meaningful and valuable experiences for people.
But we know that Facebook Login still has so much potential to use and deepen the connections created on our platform.
For this reason, we are announcing Login Connect with Messenger, a new feature that enables users to communicate with a company directly from the Facebook login flow via the Messenger platform. With this new feature, we’re helping companies build better relationships with their customers by providing stronger customer care and tailored engagement through the Messenger platform.
Something went wrong
There were problems playing this video.
In tests, we’ve found that Login Connect with Messenger creates the following value for businesses:
- Provides a powerful new entry point for customer messaging threads: over 70% of users have chosen to messaging with companies that enable Login Connect with Messenger. This creates an important source of new customer conversations for companies that want to double customer loyalty via the messenger platform.
- Deepen the engagement of new users: Sending personalized welcome messages, offers and product recommendations via the messenger platform helps to activate new users and facilitate the purchase process.
- Enables greater customer service: Login Connect with Messenger opens up a new level of efficiency and personalization in customer service. The powerful automation on the Messenger platform cuts the time companies spend answering basic queries, delivering great customer service and building repeatable interactions.
Most excitingly, our test partners are getting compelling results with this new feature.
- The online ticketing platform eTicket uses Login Connect to send personalized event reminders and to automate customer support requests in Messenger. In tests, eTicket found that over 85% of users chose to receive company contact on Messenger, and 60% of all customer service inquiries are answered automatically by their Messenger bot. Additionally, 22% of their customers use the Messenger thread created by Login Connect to keep in touch with the company.
- NewChic is an online fashion retailer that has integrated Login Connect to provide more personalized interactions with new users through welcome messages, incentives and product recommendations. Since launch, NewChic has doubled messenger threads, seeing a 2.4-fold increase in messenger conversions and a 3.4-fold increase in messenger sales.
- Online photo book maker Chatbooks integrated Login Connect amid a broader move to using Messenger for customer care. As a result, the company saw the creation of Messenger threads double and the responses to Messenger increased 41% – testament to the timely and reliable support the company can now deliver through Messenger.
“After implementing Login Connect with Messenger, we managed to provide better, more personalized customer service and enable quick and seamless account creation, which has resulted in a huge increase in user interaction, purchases and sales.” —Miko Su , Marketing Director, Newchic
Today Login Connect with Messenger is in a closed beta. We are planning a broad rollout in the coming months. If you are interested in the function, contact your partner manager. If you don’t have a partner manager, submit your information using this form to be notified when the feature becomes generally available. We’re very excited to start rolling out Login Connect with Messenger as we understand the value it can create for the people and businesses in our community.