Colorado boy mind useless after TikTok choking problem, household says | Nationwide Information

This 2017 file photo shows Colorado Children’s Hospital in Aurora, Colorado, where a boy was on life support after his family believes he tried a TikTok challenge that dares to suffocate until they pass out.

AP Photo / Tatiana Flowers

Associated Press

DENVER – A 12-year-old boy from suburban Denver was in critical condition after his family believed he tried a TikTok challenge that dares people to gag until they pass out.

Joshua Haileyesus’ twin brother found him passed out in the Aurora, Colorado family bathroom on March 22nd. Doctors have told relatives the boy is brain dead, KCNC-TV reported.

“Told me the bad news that he won’t survive, he won’t make it,” said Joshua’s father Haileyesus Zeryihun. “I pleaded with them on the floor and asked if they could give me some time not to give up on him. If I just give up on him, I feel like I’m just walking away from my son.”

On Monday, a group gathered outside the Colorado Children’s Hospital in Aurora to pray for the boy who is life sustaining.

“He’s a fighter. I can see him fighting. I pray for him every day,” said Zeryihun. “It’s just heartbreaking to see him lying on the bed.”

The father said that a few days before his son was found unconscious, he boasted to his brother that he could hold his breath for a minute. The family hopes their story will inspire others to talk about games or challenges that could cause serious injury.

Comments are closed.