The way to rewind or fast-forward a TikTok video
(Pocket Lint) – Have you ever watched a TikTok video and missed something important that happened in a split second? Or maybe you just want to forward to the end to see the big reveal? Sure, TikTok videos aren’t that long, but it can be incredibly tedious to sit through and watch or watch an entire video again when you just want to see the most important things. Fortunately, the app found a solution: it now lets users rewind or fast forward videos.
How to fast-forward or fast-forward a TikTok
TikTok quietly introduced a new feature to its mobile app that lets you go back or forward on its videos. (Pocket-lint was able to test and use the feature in the TikTok for iOS app. However, when we tried to access the feature on Android, it was not yet available, so it is possible that it has not yet been made available to all users .)
If you want to see if you have the ability to rewind or fast forward a TikTok video, and maybe even use the feature, just follow these steps:
- Open the latest version of the TikTok mobile app.
- While playing a TikTok video, look for a white line at the bottom.
- It may not be available for really short videos – so look for it for longer videos.
- You should see the line grow a little thicker as the video progresses.
- Try to touch the thick white line with your finger.
- It will be highlighted with a dot showing how far you are in the video.
- Press the period and scroll left to rewind or right to fast forward.
And that’s it! You can now jump around in a TikTok.
Best VPN 2021: The 10 Best VPN Deals in the US and UK
July 8, 2021
You can find more information about TikTok in our guides:
Writing by Maggie Tillman. Originally published July 7, 2021.