IGTV media and metrics in Instagram Graph API (unique to Graph API v10.0)
We’re excited to announce that IGTV media and metrics will be available on the Instagram Graph API starting tomorrow March 16. This API enhancement extends developer access to features that have become an integral part of the Instagram experience for people, businesses, publishers, and developers.
Developers who have upgraded to Graph API 10.0 can interact with IGTV objects as explained in the “Key Details” section below. Two additional fields have been added to make it easier for developers to distinguish IGTV videos and get video titles.
Since there are no new endpoints or permissions, IGTV media and metrics automatically become available to developer apps, and developers don’t need to subject their apps to additional app review as long as their apps have already been approved for the appropriate permission access levels.
- IGTV media and metrics are only available through the API if:
- Users initially publish IGTV media through the Instagram mobile app, IGTV mobile app, or Creator Studio. IGTV media cannot be published through the API.
- Users checked / enabled the “Publish Preview” or “Share Preview for Feed” option during the IGTV media publishing process. For more information on turning on Publish Preview or Share Preview on Feed, see here and here.
- IGTV media and metrics are available on endpoints associated with the following purposes / use cases:
- Get media, insights, and mentions
- Comment moderation
- Hashtag search
- Business discovery
- Two new fields created:
- media_product_type: Enables the identification of various Instagram interfaces (IGTV, Feed, Story, Ads).
- video_title: Text of the IGTV video title used
- IGTV will not be available through webhooks
We will update the developer documentation and changelog tomorrow, March 16, with all the technical details on IGTV media and metrics available through the API.