Honeycomb problem: Teen suffers extreme nerve injury whereas attempting out TikTok pattern

NOTE: MEAWW only reports on this dangerous trend, and we do not encourage anyone to try it out. In fact, we advise against it for all of our readers. However, if you have an impressionable mind and give in to suggestions easily, please stop reading now.

A teenager in Sydney, Australia sustained severe hand burns and nerve damage after trying to make the squid game-inspired honeycomb candy. He put the ingredients in a plastic cup that was not microwave safe and when he took it out, the cup exploded in his hands, causing the hot liquid to drip onto his hand while the rest of it ran down his leg. Aiden Higgie is recovering well from his injuries but has to spend another year in a cast on her leg.

While TikTok is full of fun challenges to keep boredom at bay, not every trend is worth trying. For example, the “Beat a Teacher” challenge requires a student to go to their teacher or school staff member, hit them, and run away before facing the consequences of game-inspired games in the schoolyard. A Belgian school gave parents a notice when children were seen recreating the “red-green-light” format from the show by exchanging bullets for blows. Also on the Frozen Honey challenge, experts are ringing a red flag against the trend after TikTokers claimed it led to excessive bowel movements. The TikTok fire challenge, in which people have to draw a shape on the mirror with a flammable liquid and then set it on fire, left the Oregon girl Destini Crane, 13, with severe burns.

CONTINUE READING

What is the TikTok Death Wish Challenge? The dangerous act of the Turkish influencer has been classified as possibly fatal

What is the Lug Nut Challenge? Internet warns car owners of dangerous TikTok trend

What is the Squid Game Inspired Honeycomb Challenge?

The honeycomb challenge requires people to make a thin sheet of honeycomb and then use just a needle to carve a shape out of it. To successfully complete the challenge, the honeycomb must be completely intact, if it breaks the challenge will remain incomplete. Teenagers all over the world who have seen the show are trying to complete this challenge, just like Aiden did. When searching for terms like “honeycomb recipe” and “honeycomb challenge” an increase was reported on Google.

Aiden tried to make a honeycomb using one of the recipes he found on TikTok, combining water, bicarbonate soda and sugar in a plastic cup. The liquid spilled on him after the cup exploded and his mom told a point of sale, “It was boiling to a ridiculous temperature and when he took the cup out, it exploded in his hand.” She added, “It burned his hand, and because it was fused with sugar and plastic, it ran down his leg from knee to shin and it got caught and burned and burned and burned. It was like toffee and up in the Burned nerves. ” Aiden suffered deep first-degree burns and severe nerve damage that doctors feared would require a skin graft.

“It’s shocking that an act as simple as making honeycombs can have such dire consequences,” said Aiden’s mother, Helen. Aiden said he wanted to join the trend after seeing it “all over the internet” and some of his friends already. He now urges others not to try and if they do they should do it under the supervision of their parents.

If you have any news or an interesting story for us, please call (323) 421-7514

Comments are closed.